Rotary Youth Exchange Programmes
- Long-term Exchanges.These are usually of one year, where students attend school and live in the host country.
- New Generation Exchanges open to young professionals aged 18-30 (several weeks).
- Short-term Exchanges family to family (3 + 3 or 4 + 4 weeks or more).
Rotary Summer Camps
Normally 10-15 days of cultural and social encounter of youth from different cultures and origins, with the aim of improving international understanding and fostering peace.
This page contains more information about Rotary summer camps.
For more information contact your local Rotary Club: https://my.rotary.org/en/club-search
or learn more at https://www.rotary.org/en/our-programs/youth-exchanges
Rotary Summer Camps
What are they?
The duration of Rotary Summer Camps is usually 10-15 days. They are not a holiday camp, but a cultural and social encounter of youth from different cultures and origins, with the aim of improving international understanding and fostering peace. The language of the camps is always English.
Camps are typically for 10 to 20 students of similar ages (15-17 or 18+), all of different nationalities.
The student pays for travel, insurance and camp registration fee (variable – see list of camps ). Everything else (accommodation, food, activities, etc.) is paid for by the organizing Rotary clubs in the destination country.
There are many different camps. The focus can be on sports, arts or culture, music, tourism, hiking, cycling, sailing, canoeing, tennis, horseback riding, hang gliding, etc. Usually with a mix of activity and culture. Accommodation can be in host families, in hostels, mountain refuges or tents, or a combination of two or more of these.
Where are they?
Click here to see the list of camps invitations received for 2023. This list is updated each time a new camp invitation is received by the Rotary District 1960 Camps Outbound Coordinator. So if you did not find an appropriate camp, return regularly to check the list. Usually around 90 invitations are received for Portugal each year between January and April.
All applicants must be sponsored by a local Rotary Club and its District. To find your local Rotary Club go to: https://my.rotary.org/en/club-search
How can I apply for a Rotary Summer Camp?
- Notify your interest by completing the Notification of Interest form. Capability to communicate in English is required.
- Send it by e-mail to your local Rotary Club, who will help you with you application. If you don’t know where your local Rotary club is find it by going to https://my.rotary.org/en/club-search .
- The Rotary Club will review your submission and will then invite you for an interview in order to better know you and your areas of interest. Candidates will then be invited to complete a formal application form (STEP).
- Complete the formal STEP application form which needs to be signed by you, by your parent(s) if you are under 18 years of age and by your sponsoring local Rotary Club.
If you have any queries or questions please complete our contact form.
Find you local Rotary club: https://my.rotary.org/en/club-search
Learn more about Rotary in Portugal: https://www.rotary1960.org
Learn more about Rotary worldwide: www.rotary.org https://www.rotary.org/en/our-programs/youth-exchanges